• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2270 Needs Service

axelsrd

New Member
Hi gang. I have a Marantz 2270 that puts out static even when volume is turned down/off. and, the function knob needs to be realigned...if that's even the word I'm looking for. when I change from FM to Aux, I have to rely on the panel lights to assure that I have the proper function selected. Maybe a new function knob.

I live in Picayune, MS. Where can I send the 2270 for repair/service without getting ripped off, or parts swapped out etc?

Thanks
Randy
 
Register to hide this ad
Functions work properly once selected? I'd bet that the outer knob cover has just slipped on the plastic core. Select AUX, pop that knob off with a spoon (tape the faceplate to protect it), and slide it back on the pot shaft in the correct position. You might need to glue the cover back on the core.

The static likely requires some parts replaced to solve that issue. Input differential pair transistors, or maybe a dirty relay.
 
Static on one channel? Pull the jumpers from the back and turn it on, if you still get static out of one channel then it's likely the diff pair is shot. I repaired one I sold that did this after 3 months post restoration, now all 2270's will get new diff pairs when I restore them, not taking the risk any longer.
 
Back
Top Bottom