• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2270 P800 caps

sherod

Active Member
I have a Marantz 2270 which I've refurbished. On the P800 power supply board, at location c805 there is a small 3.3uf, 50v cap. I'm curious what this cap does in the circuit. Would it cause any problems to increase the value to 4.7uf? Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
Good question, I'd be interested in the answer also. To me it looks like a smoothing function to dampen any "sudden" variations.
So my answer would be yes ok to increase to 4.7uf however you wont see/hear any performance improvement. Should add
I'm a newb so I'm allowed to make mistakes.
 
Back
Top Bottom