• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

marantz 2275 refurb

baldr

New Member
Hi all! My boss is having me do some refurb on his Marantz 2275. First question, is there a difference in parts on the 2270 and 2275? (He got the capacitors on the 2270 list in one of the other posts). From what I can tell it's not matching up.
For example, I have one of the power amps and the list says there's 1 22uF 35v electrolytic cap (I see one 47uF 16v cap) and two 10uF 35v caps and should upgrade to 10uF 50v (and I have two 10uF 16v caps)
And then it lists to change the two 2SC984B transistors to MJE243GOS ones. But there's 5 transistors on this thing and none of them are the '2SC984B'

So does anyone have a different list for the 2275? :)

Then also, should I just be replacing the electrolytic caps? Or the ceramic and film caps as well?

Hope someone can help me out! haha
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi baldr, I don't know of any differences between the 2270 and the 2275. But I have found a service manual for the 2275 here for you to have a look at. You will need to sign up to download, but its free.

Somewhere there will be a detailed list of the caps originally used in that unit on each individual board.
 
Last edited:
I would not mix parts lists.... Might find some common values, but that would be pure luck.

Jk
 
2275 and 2270 parts lists. You can use KSC1845 transistors to replace the 2SC458's in the phono preamp, get them at Mouser.
The 2275 doesn't need to have the temp comp transistors (2SC984) mod. That only applies to certain 2270 models.

Tom
 

Attachments

Back
Top Bottom