daj013
New Member
I presently own three Marantz receivers. A 2252b, 2270 & 2275.
I just swapped out a pair of Large Advent Speakers with a pair of Wharfedale Linton Heritage speakers. The Advents are rated at 8 ohms and the Wharfedales are rated at 6 ohms.
Using the 2275 with only one set of speakers, should I be worried about this receiver carring a 6 ohm load?
Seems all the threads I searched were concerning using 4 ohm speakers and using 4 spekers at once, which I won't be doing. Only one set period.
I just acquired these vintage receivers in the last months and can't believe how good they sound.
I truly didn't realize how good we had it back in the 70's. Went through a bunch of equipment back then including Yamaha. I still own what I consider my very first true stereo ,a Yamaha CA 2010 bought back in 1978. Never bought any Pioneer or Marantz back then.
Yeah, maybe not on the same level as my main system (McIntosh MA 9000, B&W 803 d3's, VPI Aries etc...). But the difference in cost is night and day. I could actually be quite content with this vintage equipment.
The 2270 is being fully recapped now and the 2275 will soon follow.
Now if I could just find a mint 2285b, I would be quite content!
David in Atlanta
I just swapped out a pair of Large Advent Speakers with a pair of Wharfedale Linton Heritage speakers. The Advents are rated at 8 ohms and the Wharfedales are rated at 6 ohms.
Using the 2275 with only one set of speakers, should I be worried about this receiver carring a 6 ohm load?
Seems all the threads I searched were concerning using 4 ohm speakers and using 4 spekers at once, which I won't be doing. Only one set period.
I just acquired these vintage receivers in the last months and can't believe how good they sound.
I truly didn't realize how good we had it back in the 70's. Went through a bunch of equipment back then including Yamaha. I still own what I consider my very first true stereo ,a Yamaha CA 2010 bought back in 1978. Never bought any Pioneer or Marantz back then.
Yeah, maybe not on the same level as my main system (McIntosh MA 9000, B&W 803 d3's, VPI Aries etc...). But the difference in cost is night and day. I could actually be quite content with this vintage equipment.
The 2270 is being fully recapped now and the 2275 will soon follow.
Now if I could just find a mint 2285b, I would be quite content!
David in Atlanta