• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2385 250k Balance Slider - anyone got a source

ARRAY

Super Member
The balance slider on the 2385 appears to be an 'issue' based on an internet search result of other people also seeking replacement sources. Like dustcaps on cone tweeters, these sliders attract their share of mishaps - namely physical. Other than that, they work fine. Does anyone out there in AK land know of a modern source for a relatively close drop-in replacement.

T.I.A.
 
Register to hide this ad
Nope,

When I "thought" I needed one, I spent quite a deal of time looking around. I didn't find anything even remotely close to usable in the parts world and nothing from "donars". They may be out there, but they aren't being real easy to locate.
 
Marantz did have the balance pots for their receivers specially made to a specific value, and today if one is needed, they might have to be custom made. Those old style balance pots are not something that you can just find anywhere. Each Model's balance pot is unique to it like a fingerprint is to each person.

Here is a manufacturer of slider pots. Maybe they might have the value you are looking for. Hopefully it is the right size. Who knows, maybe this company is the one who made the pots for Marantz back in the day :)

http://www.manufacturers.com.tw/electronics/slide-potentiometer.html
 
Back
Top Bottom