• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 4270 relay help

M. Ackermann

New Member
Just bought a 4270 from a friend's Father. Been sitting in a basement unused for 30 years.
Front Main does not work. I took it apart and found one relay is cooked. I gave it a de oxit bath and have it sounding good in 2 channel from Rear Main.

Questions:
How hard is it to replace a relay in the 4270? And do I have to do any soldering?
Would Front Main not be working because of the bad relay?

Thanks for the help!
 
Register to hide this ad
It's fairly hard.
Yes you have to desolder and resolder and neither at the beginner level.
It could be that the relay is the cause of the channel being out.
 
Thanks.
I’ll just keep enjoying it in 2 channel until I can afford to take it to a professional. I’m a more of a tinkerer than a fixer and sometimes make things worse.

Cheers.
 
It's fairly hard.
Yes you have to desolder and resolder and neither at the beginner level.
It could be that the relay is the cause of the channel being out.

Fairly hard is an understatement.

The whole rear panel must be loosened just to start to get at it.
Putting the rear panel back is tricky too, watch all the wires so you don't pinch any.
 
Fairly hard is an understatement.

The whole rear panel must be loosened just to start to get at it.
Putting the rear panel back is tricky too, watch all the wires so you don't pinch any.

Is it a problem to keep using it with a bad relay? I only have it in two channel.
 
Back
Top Bottom