• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

marantz 4300 repair

Hello HAL9000,

I wonder, did you replace the relays in your 4300/4400? And if you did, what brand of relays did you obtain?

Helmut
 
Hi Hemut,

No i did not (didn't need to replace)
omron and potter & brumfield

jon

The relays are 48V DC ,pcb mount version. Very hard to obtain. I got some Finder relays, with gold plated contacts, b.t.w., only on special order.....
That's why i asked for your relays.

Helmut
 
Hal9000, Your the Marantz Mannnn. You make then all look like new. Thanks to you and AK members my 1200 is cranking it out again. Keep the pics coming. Mike
 
The relays are 48V DC ,pcb mount version. Very hard to obtain. I got some Finder relays, with gold plated contacts, b.t.w., only on special order.....
That's why i asked for your relays.

Helmut

ooh dear,

i know these 48Vdc relays i have a topmodel akai AM2950 with a broken relay.... 48VDC :thumbsdn:
i have a 4300 for parts.. :thmbsp:

let's see :D
 
Hal9000, Your the Marantz Mannnn. You make then all look like new. Thanks to you and AK members my 1200 is cranking it out again. Keep the pics coming. Mike

GOOD TO HEAR!!! :thmbsp: :tresbon:

very nice (and) powerfull machines these 1200B.
in my opinion thé best build American marantz amplifier ever.
marantz 1150 (d)/1250 for japanese

for the little ones the 1060/1070..(1070=2x35Watt with 2x10.000µF ridiculous )
:smoke:
 
ooh dear,

i know these 48Vdc relays i have a topmodel akai AM2950 with a broken relay.... 48VDC :thumbsdn:
i have a 4300 for parts.. :thmbsp:

let's see :D

Hi all,

I have 3 4300's in various states of repairs and I also have a couple of poweramp modules (not completely sure which 4xxx model they go to, will have to check against my service manual).

I'm interested in knowing if you have model #'s and manufacturers of the original and any appropriate replacement relays for the 4300 or 4400's. We ought to consider starting a database of known relay replacements for all Marantz models since they do become intermittent or faulty over time. I've got a 2250B that has a bad relay too.

While I can DeOxit or burnish the relay contacts periodically, that seems only temporary and doesn't address a burned out relay. So Replacement with a good PCB mount unit is ideal, or as I've seen occasionally, mounting a new relay in a socket on the pcb or off the PCB may be necessary. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

This thread has been very helpful and its great to see all your work.

Regards,

Bart
 
Hi all,

I have 3 4300's in various states of repairs and I also have a couple of poweramp modules (not completely sure which 4xxx model they go to, will have to check against my service manual).

I'm interested in knowing if you have model #'s and manufacturers of the original and any appropriate replacement relays for the 4300 or 4400's. We ought to consider starting a database of known relay replacements for all Marantz models since they do become intermittent or faulty over time. I've got a 2250B that has a bad relay too.

While I can DeOxit or burnish the relay contacts periodically, that seems only temporary and doesn't address a burned out relay. So Replacement with a good PCB mount unit is ideal, or as I've seen occasionally, mounting a new relay in a socket on the pcb or off the PCB may be necessary. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

This thread has been very helpful and its great to see all your work.

Regards,

Bart

Regarding relays for various Marantz receivers: The good side, this is a standard industry relais so at least a dozen manufacturers still produce it the 24V DC version as socket mount is widely available. A 24V version as pcb mount is also available here in Germany either as Finder Series 55 or as Tyco/Schrack PT relay
Problem with the Marantz 4300/4400, you need a 48VDC relay with pcb mount, you can't use a socket because there is not enough space.
I had to make a special order for 50 relays minimum 48VDC, 4DPT pcb mount. To make it a little fancier, i ordered gold plated contacts too. Paid double the price as for a standard 24V version (Finder series 55)

As for your 2250B (also 2275 2285 2250 2240...) should be no problem to get a 24V relay either a pcb mount or if you can't get it, a socket mount with a pcb socket - no space restrictions in these receivers.

Helmut
 
newbie here, just starting on a 4300, all the pictures in this thread are gone or I'm doing something wrong? would like to see his work. Thanks, Tim
 
newbie here, just starting on a 4300, all the pictures in this thread are gone or I'm doing something wrong? would like to see his work. Thanks, Tim

Hi and Welcome to AK! You haven't done anything wrong. Unfortunately, during a couple of server crashes in the past, many photos tied to threads before around 2016 were lost. IF the members who posted pics are still around, you might send a message to them to ask if they can repost or post the pictures again. However, many members are not around much or may have lost the pics themselves since computers and hard drives fail too.
 
Back
Top Bottom