• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 5220 Cassette Deck

Chip - HP

Super Member
This morning, I picked up a Marantz 5220 cassette deck ... with a wooden case ... in excellent cosmetic condition ... haven't hooked it up yet ... probably needs a belt ... it's a handsome piece :) ...

I also got a 2275 receiver with a wooden case ... in excellent cosmetic condition ... it was a good morning.
 

Attachments

  • Maraantz 5220 Cassette Deck.JPG
    Maraantz 5220 Cassette Deck.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 193
Register to hide this ad
They look nice,I have a couple,new belts and a clean up and they work good. If you have problems they are fairly easy to fix. The wood case you show is for 22 series recievers. The deck cases have no vent and are a little shorter in depth, but that one looks great.The two look great together,enjoy..
 
... The wood case you show is for 22 series recievers. The deck cases have no vent and are a little shorter in depth, but that one looks great.The two look great together,enjoy..

Interesting ... Thanks ... I never would have known that ... I wondered about the metal grill vent ... but never having had a vintage Marantz deck before I asssumed that's the way they came ... it's a tight fit ... so is the case for the smaller 22 series receivers?
 
Yes I think looking at your case it would fit most all the 22 series. The faceplate dimensions are all similar on that series. The bigger recievers get deeper to hold more guts. The Quads get a little deeper yet.The decks don't make much heat so no venting needed .
 
A 5220 and a 2275, both with wood cases. Yes, I would say you had a very good morning. :thmbsp:

Your case might be original. My 5220 came with a case just like that.
It is 12 1/2 inches deep though as opposed to about 14 1/2 inches deep for my various 22xx receivers.

Here is a page from the 1977 Marantz brochure showing a similar case installed.

attachment.php
 
I have a 5220 myself... very nice recording deck! :yes: :thmbsp:

Scott
 
A 5220 and a 2275, both with wood cases. Yes, I would say you had a very good morning. :thmbsp:

Your case might be original. My 5220 came with a case just like that.
It is 12 1/2 inches deep though as opposed to about 14 1/2 inches deep for my various 22xx receivers.

Here is a page from the 1977 Marantz brochure showing a similar case installed.

Thanks for the info ... I would now say it's an original case based on the brochure.

Here is a bad pic of the 2275 (it's heavy and I'm too lazy to haul it out of the back of my Tahoe ... I didn't bend my knees when I first picked it up and pulled a hamstring :sigh:) ...
 

Attachments

  • Marantz 2275 - Front.JPG
    Marantz 2275 - Front.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 80
Back
Top Bottom