I purchased a Marantz 6300 at a really good price and noticed that the rod that sticks out of the tone arm pivot was snapped off. I noticed that a couple of 6300's on Ebay had the same issue and found a couple of threads on various forums asking for parts. The parts for this are non existent.
I have a set of precision machinist drill bits and decided to drill the hole out. I started with a #44 and worked my way up to a #47. The metal is soft and is really easy to drill. I planned to go up to a #48 but the 47 fit in the hole nice and snug so I decided to quit there. I then took my Dremel grinder and cut the drill bit off at the appropriate length. I stuck the cutoff end in the hole with some Loctite and it appears to be good as new. The drill bit is significantly stronger then the original piece and I don't expect it to break again. If anyone decides to try this, please take note this is a FINAL repair. if does break, you won't be able t drill out a drill bit.
I have a set of precision machinist drill bits and decided to drill the hole out. I started with a #44 and worked my way up to a #47. The metal is soft and is really easy to drill. I planned to go up to a #48 but the 47 fit in the hole nice and snug so I decided to quit there. I then took my Dremel grinder and cut the drill bit off at the appropriate length. I stuck the cutoff end in the hole with some Loctite and it appears to be good as new. The drill bit is significantly stronger then the original piece and I don't expect it to break again. If anyone decides to try this, please take note this is a FINAL repair. if does break, you won't be able t drill out a drill bit.