• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 7T semiconductors replacement parts

SidSmith

Active Member
Hi everyone, I begin a complete ovehaul of the Marantz Model 7T à la Yazaki-san and it occure to me that there is no parts list for semiconductor substitute. Since the preamplifier approach it 55th birthday, its is likely some of them will get noisy or will just fell as any component.

The problem is especially true for the diodes, since I am not finding anything other than the rectifier.

The only other thing we must say is that Fairchild manufactured the orignal transistors.

Here is a table of the different semiconsuctor, the Marantz part number, their reference on the schematic and the potential substitute obtain from different source, including this forum :

Marantz Part Numbers REF SCHEM. Subsitute

34-1019 DTM-1 Q201, Q202, Q203, Q204, Q401, Q402, Q403. Q404 BC109C
34-1020 DTM-2 Q205, Q206, Q405, Q406
34-1021 DTM-3 Q301, Q302, Q501, Q502
34-1022 DTM-4 Q503, Q504, Q505
34-1023 Q601
35-1014 D201, D202
35-1020 D601A, B,C,D STI STTH6110TV1
35-1021 D601
35-1023 D-BTR1558 D203A, D203B, D403A, D403B
35-1024 D-BTR1559 D401A, D401B, D401C, D402A, D402B, D402C 1N4148

When I will finish the Model 7T, it is likely that I will proceed the same for the Model 14/15.

The idea is to obtain as much choice as possible, High quality or not, and perhaps finding the best sound wise.

I also understand the need for matching them, in gain (Vbe) and noise characteristic, but the problem with the latter is that it need some specialized equipment that I do not have.

I will update this table when new informations are available.

Can someone have suggestion or have try different substitute ?

Thank you !
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi everyone, I begin a complete ovehaul of the Marantz Model 7T à la Yazaki-san and it occure to me that there is no parts list for semiconductor substitute. Since the preamplifier approach it 55th birthday, its is likely some of them will get noisy or will just fell as any component.

The problem is especially true for the diodes, since I am not finding anything other than the rectifier.

The only other thing we must say is that Fairchild manufactured the orignal transistors.

Here is a table of the different semiconsuctor, the Marantz part number, their reference on the schematic and the potential substitute obtain from different source, including this forum :

Marantz Part Numbers REF SCHEM. Subsitute

34-1019 DTM-1 Q201, Q202, Q203, Q204, Q401, Q402, Q403. Q404 BC109C
34-1020 DTM-2 Q205, Q206, Q405, Q406
34-1021 DTM-3 Q301, Q302, Q501, Q502
34-1022 DTM-4 Q503, Q504, Q505
34-1023 Q601
35-1014 D201, D202
35-1020 D601A, B,C,D STI STTH6110TV1
35-1021 D601
35-1023 D-BTR1558 D203A, D203B, D403A, D403B
35-1024 D-BTR1559 D401A, D401B, D401C, D402A, D402B, D402C 1N4148

When I will finish the Model 7T, it is likely that I will proceed the same for the Model 14/15.

The idea is to obtain as much choice as possible, High quality or not, and perhaps finding the best sound wise.

I also understand the need for matching them, in gain (Vbe) and noise characteristic, but the problem with the latter is that it need some specialized equipment that I do not have.

I will update this table when new informations are available.

Can someone have suggestion or have try different substitute ?

Thank you !

Sid,
Did you ever fill in your "cross reference" chart for the remaining transistors and diodes?
Thanks
 
Back
Top Bottom