Many of you know that Bob (wlhd1610) does Marantz restores. I'm lucky enough to live near him, so I can bring him my gear personally, and hang around and BS in his awesome shop. And he does first rate work. I had a 300DC, and wanted a preamp to go with it - I put the word out on AK, and that's how I met Bob.
He invited me up and showed me the 3800 preamp he had for sale. I wanted to take it right then, but he at least wanted to go through it. I then asked for one better and wanted it restored. So he got on it.
Then, my 300DC developed a slight pop in the left channel. I brought it into him, and he found a few problems with it, so I had that fully restored too.
I have to say, I am beyond pleased. Bob does fantastic work, and is super-detailed. You can tell he really loves this Marantz gear, and he clearly knows what he's doing. He communicated all phases of the restore, pictures, descriptions... everything. I picked them up last week, and they sound wonderful.
If you have Marantz gear that you want restored, reach out to Bob. Like I said, I'm lucky enough to live near him, but he'll happily guide you to pack it up and send it to him. Fair warning: be prepared for excellent, meticulous, and complete work. He's not going to duct tape it together to save a few pennies.
Links below:
3800 Restore
300DC Restore
Finished System Pics
He invited me up and showed me the 3800 preamp he had for sale. I wanted to take it right then, but he at least wanted to go through it. I then asked for one better and wanted it restored. So he got on it.
Then, my 300DC developed a slight pop in the left channel. I brought it into him, and he found a few problems with it, so I had that fully restored too.
I have to say, I am beyond pleased. Bob does fantastic work, and is super-detailed. You can tell he really loves this Marantz gear, and he clearly knows what he's doing. He communicated all phases of the restore, pictures, descriptions... everything. I picked them up last week, and they sound wonderful.
If you have Marantz gear that you want restored, reach out to Bob. Like I said, I'm lucky enough to live near him, but he'll happily guide you to pack it up and send it to him. Fair warning: be prepared for excellent, meticulous, and complete work. He's not going to duct tape it together to save a few pennies.
Links below:
3800 Restore
300DC Restore
Finished System Pics