• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz model 1090

Ytamshb

Member
I have Marantz model 1090 i bought it from junk shop. And then i try play some music but no sound i found that main volume controller was damaged and can’t make it work agin i try cleaning it but it’s not working properly
RM05030680Variable Resistor,50kS X2 B
This is volume know part number it’s come with 8pin volume knob I can’t find same part there are 6 pin volume controls 50k but I can’t find 8pin is there any way to replace that with 6 pin 50k controller i need help
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3757.jpeg
    IMG_3757.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3756.jpeg
    IMG_3756.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3758.jpeg
    IMG_3758.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3755.jpeg
    IMG_3755.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 14
Register to hide this ad
You should be able to find a new dual volume pot at Mouser or Digikey.
It should be audio taper? But could be linear taper. The service manual may say. If you can't find a PCB mount with the right value, you can always use a standard dual pot and just run short jumper wires from the pots to the PCB.
I've had to do this before with various equipment. Personally I would rather try to find something new than slog through Marantz parts on ebay for a used one.
 
You mean this picture 4th pin for loudness.
Yesterday day i try with 3 pin dual pot soldering to the board only one side sound comes out
IMG_3757.jpeg
 
Back
Top Bottom