• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

marantz model 18 restoration

Newjin

Active Member
what would be the best option for restoring the font on the sheets of brushed aluminum on the front of my marantz model 18.
Or is there is a known metal fabricator that anyone knows of that has made a re placement for the model 18.

Any information would help i just honestly don't even know where to start aside from here
Thanks so much in advanced
 

Attachments

  • 20200907_142231.jpg
    20200907_142231.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 47
Register to hide this ad
Possibly can I see it ?
I have just kinda left it as I'm using it but would want one if I where to sell the unit
 
I am in the process of working with two different companies. One will fabricate the brushed Aluminum inserts and another one will do the silk screening on the one insert. Once I get both of them setup with their respective CAD/CAM software it should be much cheaper to have additional panels fabricated.
I will keep you posted on my progress.
Dave
 
I am in the process of working with two different companies. One will fabricate the brushed Aluminum inserts and another one will do the silk screening on the one insert. Once I get both of them setup with their respective CAD/CAM software it should be much cheaper to have additional panels fabricated.
I will keep you posted on my progress.
Dave
That's actually pretty amazing definitely will be watching for that
 
I wish the later marantz had the faceplate outer metal trim band which would have probably protected from a lot of scratches. They lost this design after the 18.
 
Back
Top Bottom