• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz Model Number Confusion

Denten

Addicted Member
Hi all, I've been wondering about this for wile now, Did Marantz forget how to add?

2200+185=2385 :yes:
2200+250=2500 :no: should be Model 2450
2200+300=2600 :no: should be Model 2500

Why did it stop making sense after the 2385? Am I missing something?
Please educate me.
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi all, I've been wondering about this for wile now, Did Marantz forget how to add?

2200+185=2385 :yes:
2200+250=2500 :no: should be Model 2450
2200+300=2600 :no: should be Model 2500

Why did it stop making sense after the 2385? Am I missing something?
Please educate me.

Why are you limiting it to "after" the 2385? What about "before" the 2385?

Marantz's first receiver (way before the 2385) was an 18. It wasn't 18 wpc, or 118 or ???

Next was the 19...same thing as the 18.

So what you are saying is...Marantz didn't know how to add, then learned how, then forgot.

Focus on what you're getting and not what you're missing. :D
 
Why are you limiting it to "after" the 2385? What about "before" the 2385?

Marantz's first receiver (way before the 2385) was an 18. It wasn't 18 wpc, or 118 or ???

Next was the 19...same thing as the 18.

So what you are saying is...Marantz didn't know how to add, then learned how, then forgot.

Focus on what you're getting and not what you're missing. :D

I'm referring to the 2200 series, my question is not important, I am just curious as to why the model numbers are 2200+ the wpc right up to the 2385, then you have the 2500 & 2600, those two model numbers don't have nothing to do with power output. So I am wondering why :headscrat
2215=15wpc
2270=70mpc
2325=125wpc
2330=130wpc
2385=185wpc
2500=250wpc???
2600=300wpc???
:confused:
 
It was around the time that kids started using calculators in school and then went on to work for the marantz corporation, Which of course did not allow calculators to be used. So, to them, 2+3=6 sounded pretty close.

These same kids now balance the us budget
 
Back
Top Bottom