• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz NR 1603 Amplifier-Receiver.. Advice Needed...

IamSpartacus

New Member
Need some advice and I admit I'm just a step or two more tech savvy than a Luddite so feel free to answer as if I'm a chimp on 'ludes.

I just moved into a new home and always like to have music in my shop... Looking on Facebook Marketplace and found a Marantz NR 1603 Amplifier-Receiver at a killer price..

My one question is... all the reviews I saw said that it sounds great but lacks a Wi-Fi capability... The ONLY thing I'm gonna hook up to it is a Echo Dot or Input so I can ask Alexa to play anything I want... My own personal DJ... My Echo Input connects with a standard RCA cable... and I assume gets the signal from my Xfinity Modem I have in my office.. therefore.. The Marantz doesn't need Wi-Fi.. It'll feast on whatever signal the Echo picks up and play my music according, correct?

I asked AI if I could connect an Echo Dot and it said... "of course,".. and the owner of the Marantz agreed, but I've learned that AI is wrong often and I don't know the seller so I'm asking youz humanz....... Can someone confirm.. ?
 

Attachments

  • Matantz1.jpg
    Matantz1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Matantz2.jpg
    Matantz2.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 6
Register to hide this ad
read this article


Also if you have an Apple iPhone this unit has Airplay.

Also if your router has an extra Ethernet port you can run ethernet to the 1603 and get
access to some streaming services you might have, Like Pandora etc .

you could get a small monitor to connect to it so you can see the menu for all those network items
and other setting you might need to tweak .

Athanasios
 
Back
Top Bottom