• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz PM 700 issues.

Stereoboy70

Active Member
Hello all in the audio world. Quick question. Does anybody have any experience with the Marantz PM 700 ?? I picked up this unit for about $50 and the right channel was in and out. I have literally replaced pretty much every component in the R channel and I still have a short somewhere. The culprit I thought was R758 and the output transistors. Nope. New Q725-728, and all the other transistors. All new resistors. All new caps. All new diodes except the ones
against the main heat sink. I think theses are some sort of varistor. DBT still glows really bright at power up. I plugged it in to the wall and R 758 (the one in question) smoked. Not sure where to go from here.
The components that I didn’t replace spec out good. I’m pulling out the little hair I have left. Thanks in advance.
PS: There were some diodes on the back side of the board soldered in across some points. They were 2 diodes facing each other. Not sure what this was for. Total of 4 jumpers using diodes face to face. I did not put these back in.

Not on the schematic anywhere.
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom