• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz pm44se double trouble

anderslober

Yikes...not again!
Hi forum. A very sick pm44semkii needed a fix. Blown right channel outputs. I started to test and trouble-shoot. Tested everything…couldnt find a fault. All resistors good. I had about +/-35v on everything… Initially, I thought the 2sd1508 datlington tr had blown…it was ok. Only one suspicious voltage popped up at d705…-2.1v….should have been 8.2v. Pin18 on ic q705.
Anyway, as luck would have it, I used my own pm44se for comparison. On a hunch, I swapped in the q705/an7062 ic from my unit……and whatdyaknow’….everything back to normal. I have never seen a an7062 go bad….no worries.
Picture of the action!
IMG_3582.jpeg
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom