• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz receiver tone controls

fishboat

New Member
I just picked up a couple Marantz receivers (2265 & 2265B) and have a question or two.

What is the "Tone Mode" selector switch for?

On both receivers I don't notice much difference in sound when I make adjustments to the Bass, Midrange, & Treble tone control knobs...is this normal? Did Marantz sort of favor flat response?

They're both rockin receivers, lots of power & they sound great.
 
Register to hide this ad
The tone mode lets you disable the tone controls when in the OFF position. It also lets you change the turn over points for the bass and treble controls in the other positions.
 
Welll...

That certainly explains it. Since I didn't know what the Tone Mode was for I shut it off...which pretty much disables the tone knobs & lead to my question. At least I've verified that section works as designed!

I just turned the Tone Mode on and everything is working fine.

thanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom