• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz Separates Setup - Still a Dream

SoCal Sam

Lunatic Member
Register to hide this ad
Sam, your 2500 sounds better than a 510M, I had one and it could not compare to my 2600 next to it in an A/B test - the 2600 sounded crystal clear/transparent and had tight punch compared to a less intricate sound. The 2600 also had much more power before clipping even though the calculated difference between the two in decibels should have been inaudible.

Bond
 
bond said:
Sam, your 2500 sounds better than a 510M, I had one and it could not compare to my 2600 next to it in an A/B test - the 2600 sounded crystal clear/transparent and had tight punch compared to a less intricate sound. The 2600 also had much more power before clipping even though the calculated difference between the two in decibels should have been inaudible.

Bond

Hello Bond: Good to hear from someone who has done a shootout. I guess it is not my dream Marantz separates setup. I would have passed based on value only. The 2500 specs almost identically to the 150/3800/510M setup and can be had for a thousand less. That the 2500/2600 is sonically superior is the last nail in the coffin. Sam.
 
$621, and it didn't meet reserve -- now that IS crazy.

For me it is/was my dream system, and continues to be so -- I have the 3800 with a 250M and a 510M, but no Marantz tuner, not yet, anyway. :) It makes me happy. It made me happy without the 510, but now I smile every single time that I turn it on. Many mixes/matches/swaps, stereos have come and gone, but I'm pretty sure that I'll always have this setup.

Granted, I paid less than a grand for all three... :) :)
 
Back
Top Bottom