• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz SP 2050 speakers

pcpinfo

Active Member
Hey everybody--

I picked up some Marantz SP 2050 speakers today on the cheap, for some low-risk experimentation on my main sytem. Anyone running these speakers? Anyone with any experiences good, bad or indifferent? Any more info out there, like years of production, msrp, etc? I know Marantz speakers received some mixed reviews over the years, but since I can't seem to find a whole lot about these anywhere on the net, I turn to the folks who would know if anyone does.

Thanks! Happy New Year!!

Luke
 
Register to hide this ad
I don't have any, but I found a photo on Google and they really don't look like anything too special. They remind me of Realistic Optimus T-120s (not a bad speaker) but with no L-pads and paper cone tweets as opposed to the poly-domes in the T-120s. Like a cheaper version of the T-120. However, I would give them a listen, and if you're happy with the way they sound, great! Stick with 'em. If not, put them on Craigslist and move on.

Just my two cents. :thmbsp:
 
Thanks, Nick--

I'm beginning to think you're right, but your advice is spot-on. They may just be third-stringers to test out further gear, and then out the door, but we'll see. Anyone else know these speaks? They must rank as among the most obscure components to bear the proud Marantz logo.

Luke
 
Back
Top Bottom