• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

marantz tt-15 turntable

joe kkk

New Member
I believe there s is an error in the users manual. On aligning of the cartridge, the instructions specify 32 mm between the stylus tip and the tone arm tube interface reference point. I measured the distance to be approximately 40 mm. Can anyone provide any clarification or knowledge of this issue. I followed all the mounting instructions in the users manual.
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to AK! :)

I do not recall those instructions - I set mine up using a Geo-Disc, which does the Baerwald alignment. What is the tonearm tube interface reference point? The line where the black arm tube ends and the silver headshell part begins? In any case, I would not rely on a simple distance measurement with this tonearm. I measured mine by just eye-balling it with a ruler, and the distance looked to be about 1 3/8 inches, or 35 mm, but this would be with maybe +- 3 mm of potential error, so that doesn't help much, does it?
 
Back
Top Bottom