• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz vintage receiver in "Barbershop"

schlosman

Senior Member
Watched "Barbershop" last weekend. Did anybody else who's seen this movie notice the Marantz receiver featured prominently in one of the earlier scenes?

It looked very mint, but I couldn't catch the model. Just curious if anybody else noticed or knows what model it is...

John
 
Register to hide this ad
schlosman:

I ran that same question in the vintage solid state section not too long ago. A few viewers picked up that it was indeed a Marantz unit, but could not identify the model. I believe it was a really mint looking 4240.

And by the way is that a very handsome chocolate Lab you have working for you?
 
Hey Atuque,

No, she's not a Lab. She's a mixed breed that we adopted as a rescue. We're not sure exactly what her lineage is, but she looks a little bit like an Irish Setter in person, but she may very well have some Lab as well.

Now, if she'd just not eat the mouse...

John
 
Hi Lug,

Yes, I'm familiar with the house you're talking about and the story that goes with it, even though I've never actually gone to see it personally. Except for college and about 6 years in Tennessee I've lived in the Akron area all my life, and both my wife and I have no desire to go anywhere else; hope you enjoy Akron on your visits...

I think Barbershop was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. I think I'll have to watch it again soon; we watched it on pay-per-view, and I think I'll probably buy it on DVD too.

John
 
get it on dvd and pause it and zoom in on the model number if your dvd has that feature!
 
yeah,
I caught that too! At a glance it looked like a 42 series to me..alot of buttons from what I remembered. I thought that was kinda funny.
 
Back
Top Bottom