• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Market Value of Von Schweikert Research VR-4s?

Dr Tinear

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
A friend of mine is looking to sell a pair of Von Schweikert Research VR-4 speakers from the mid-1990s. These don't seem to turn up very often on eBay or Audiogon. Can anyone here recommend a fair asking price for these speakers? Last time I saw them they were in very good condition, and I believe the owner has the original shipping cartons. Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Those are nice speakers. I have no idea what they're worth used, but tell him he can send them to me and I'll test them until he finds a buyer. :D
 
Those are nice speakers. I have no idea what they're worth used, but tell him he can send them to me and I'll test them until he finds a buyer. :D

If I didn't already have a pair of VR-4s in my big system, I would have snapped my friend's pair up the moment he decided to sell them. I paid $1400 for mine, used, in 1999. I have yet to hear any new speakers below $10,000 the pair that I like better.
 
Wish I had the $ and space for a pair. I appreciate the thinking behind them - a lot of the concepts (triple layer cabinet, keeping the Xovers out of the primary musical range) make a ton of sense.
 
VR-4's are the best sounding speakers I have had the pleasure to own.So musical sounding and very detailed top to bottom.I am afraid to upgrade any of the caps, might take away the magic.
 
Digging the heck out of the pair I bought from jjohnson here Oct 2014 ...
 
Back
Top Bottom