• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Mat choice help for Pro-ject Debut Carbon DC

hector2018

New Member
I am exploring the possibility of upgrading my turntable mat for a better sound experience.

My existing set up is as given below:

Turntable: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (DC) with Ortofon 2M Red cartridge

Mat: Pro-Ject Cork it (Its a cork mat. I've replaced the felt mat which was provided along with the T/T)

I'm exploring the following 2 options as an upgrade from my cork mat:

1. Pro-Ject Acryl it Turntable platter (an acrylic platter which can replace my metal platter)

2. Funk Firm Achromat Platter Mat (3mm) - have seen very good reviews about this mat

I look forward to your guidance & feedback with reference to my queries.

Will highly appreciate a feedback on the comparison from anybody who has used cork, acrylic & the Achromat.

Looking forward to hear from you all...
 
Register to hide this ad
I went with the Acryl it within a month of having purchased my Debut Carbon and have never looked back. No need for a mat with the Acryl it.....and it works well and looks cooler than the stock platter...
 
I replaced the funky black platter on my SOTA with a Music Hall Acrylic....better sound immediately! No cork, felt, or rubber mat needed.

index.php
 

Attachments

  • 100_0002.JPG
    100_0002.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I will be the third to endorse an acrylic platter. I have the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon and added the Acryl It platter and have enjoyed it a lot. Plus, the sem-transparent platter helps me remember if the belt is set to 33 1/3 RPM or 45 RPM without having to lift the platter.
 
I am exploring the possibility of upgrading my turntable mat for a better sound experience.

My existing set up is as given below:

Turntable: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (DC) with Ortofon 2M Red cartridge

Mat: Pro-Ject Cork it (Its a cork mat. I've replaced the felt mat which was provided along with the T/T)

I'm exploring the following 2 options as an upgrade from my cork mat:

1. Pro-Ject Acryl it Turntable platter (an acrylic platter which can replace my metal platter)

2. Funk Firm Achromat Platter Mat (3mm) - have seen very good reviews about this mat

I look forward to your guidance & feedback with reference to my queries.

Will highly appreciate a feedback on the comparison from anybody who has used cork, acrylic & the Achromat.

Looking forward to hear from you all...
I used a cork mat on my Pro-Ject Debut Carbon -- I glued it to the platter. Cork was much less of a dirt magnet than the stock felt, but it didn't improve sound quality any.
 
Great to hear everybody's positive feedback on the acrylic platter. Will just wait to see any user feedback on the Funk Firm Achromat Mat

I've had my Debut Carbon Esprit DC for nearly two years. The instruction manual states " We recommend to use the record player without a mat on the platter." So my vinyl has been riding bareback all along and sounds excellent!
 
Acrylic platter. Owned a Debut III. Really worked great. If you want more then add a Herbies Way II mat 2mm thick.
IMHO
 
Back
Top Bottom