• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Matching Soundcraftmen Tuner?

dc270

Now Off the Reservation
I am stumbling into a respectable Soundcraftmen 4 preamp, 3 power amp and wanted to know the matching tuner piece to this system. From what I understand this is respectable gear and wanted to try it out and see.

I appreciate any input here and any review one might have of this tuner match and if you know anyone selling one.

Thanks all
DC
 
Register to hide this ad
Soundcraftsman

This is just my opinion here but "any" Soundcraftsmen, original, product is a good find and nice to have but exactly what is the model number of the preamp and power amplifier because I don't remember Soundcraftsmen ever producing any products with model numbers just 3 or 4?
Would you be referring to the Soundcraftsmen models SP-4000 or SP-4002 for the preamp? And, LA-2502 or RA-5502 for the power amplifier?
As for the a tuner, well I believe that Soundcraftsmen only made the model ST-6001, but I could be wrong on all the above info.
It's just that I searched the net for the particular models that you mentioned and did not find anything.

Check this site out and maybe it will give you some guidance?

http://www.soundcraftsmen.com/

Click on the left side on 'Components'

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Soundcraftsmen+tuner

Good Luck on your search and 'yes' if the Soundcraftsmen audio gear is in good working condition and cosmetically appealling then I would go for it.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the imformative reply-
I bought the Pro Power 4 Preamp from an AK member a week ago and the ProPower 3 power amp from Ebay last night. That is pretty much all I know about the pieces at this point.
I will look over the link you ofered and see if I cannot find more information. Thanks so much!!
DC
 
does that SC site have all it line to view/ review? Nothing at all there on the Pro Power series.
DC
 
I am stumbling into a respectable Soundcraftmen 4 preamp, 3 power amp and wanted to know the matching tuner piece to this system. From what I understand this is respectable gear and wanted to try it out and see.

I appreciate any input here and any review one might have of this tuner match and if you know anyone selling one.

Thanks all
DC

I believe I have the tuner of which you ask about. It is called the Pro-Tuner Four. I'll be blunt with you, I don't think it is up to the standards one (at least I) expect from Soundcraftsmen. I got it to replace a Sansui T-990 tuner (which is a really cheap piece of BPC), and I feel it is essentially the same tuner inside. I don't doubt Soundcraftsmen sourced this piece from someone else. But it did indeed replace the Sansui in my system, namely because it is rack mountable. BUT, it is a non-standard height, which is extremely amateurish in my book.

If you are still interested in this tuner, and want to drive to central Texas, give me a PM. I haven't used it in years, and got rid of my mast mounted antenna last year.
 
Thanks for the imformative reply-
I bought the Pro Power 4 Preamp from an AK member a week ago and the ProPower 3 power amp from Ebay last night. That is pretty much all I know about the pieces at this point.

I'm betting you have the Pro-Control-Four.

As mentioned, the Pro-Tuner Four is the matching tuner. I have one in use with a Pro-Control-Four and Pro-EQ-44 and it seems to perform fine, or at least it sounds as good as I've ever heard any tuner play radio over a hi-fi system. Can't imagine anyone really spending much money on a tuner these days but then I have that one, an old Sherwood, and a Crown PT-3 to match that system so I'm gonna take that glass-house advice. :thmbsp:
 
I have a T6200 tuner in my stack with the A5002 amp and the DX4200 preamp. It has blue lights on it and doesn't really "match" the other 2 pieces but that's ok. I never listen to any of the tuners I have anyway....it's just there for looks.
 
Soundcraftsmen amp pre and tuner

Here is my SC set up MA5002 amp, PE2217R pre-amp eq, T6001 tuner

powerful, intimidating, awesome

attachment.php
 
I know, Old Thread or even Zombie thread, but I was looking up some Soundcraftsmen information and stumbled upon it and figured I'd update it with a photo of my Soundcraftsmen pre, EQ, and tuner in my living room system. Cheers! Long live Made in USA (even if the tuners weren't!).Livingroom stereo rack.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom