• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MC 2100 power issue

Some more possibilities...did you trim the new capacitor leads sufficiently? If left too long they may contact another surface (ground) and cause a short.
Did you replace any of the case screws? A screw which is too long could inadvertently contact a board when installed and cause a short.
I don't know anything about the 2100 circuit board connectors. If they're anything like the 2500, you could accidently install these off by one hole and cause a short. Ask me how I know...:(
 
Last edited:
The other thing it could be is the live heatsinks shorting to the chassis if the insulators are gone, that is a possibility.

The caps are screw in I think....

How about some clear pictures of the work?
 
Everybody. Thank you for all the advice and suggestions. I've gone as far as I can with it and it is now in the hands of a professional.
 
Back
Top Bottom