• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MC 2125...which speakers ?

Ziril

New Member
Hi
Hello from Paris !
I just bought an MC2125 and I'm waiting for a MX113 to be delivered...
I am new inthe McIntosh's world ...:banana:
Which speakers would you recommend, knowing that I already have a pair of B&W CDM 7 from a previous system, shall I keep those or get another pair ?
Help me...please, help meeeeeeeee .....
Ziril
 
Register to hide this ad
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the world of McIntosh.

I think if you supply some more information it will help a lot. What kind of music do you listen to predominately? What sources do you plan to use? How large is the listening room?

The more information you provide the easier it will be for those who will make suggestions. I'm listening to old vintage Altecs I've had forever. So I wouldn't be much help to you.

Mike
 
I've owned a 2125 for several years and I would have to say any speaker. With it's autoformer output the 2125 is able to handle any load so just pick out the best sounding speakers you can find and don't worry about the amp.

And welcome to AK!
 
Where did you find that thing? 2125 or a 2155 is my next purchase if I can find one in mint condition.

Vahe
 
thanx

Thanx all for your answers, as for where I found it ? ebay ! where else...
But i bought it in France and its pretty expensive... around 1400$ !! (but for France its a VERY good deal... ( i think).
Regarding my music... almost everything.... from bossa to electronic...classic to country...trip hop to...french.... and my room is about 35 m2 (if it helps...or ring a bell...)
I found the amp is a bit too strong for my B&W CDM 7...
The sources : NAD 541i
and an ipod.... (i'm ashamed.... i will gett a MIP station http://www.advance-acoustic.com/en-product.php?id=12 for Xmas !!)
You've got it all !
 
Some highly regarded speakers made in France. At the high end is Focal and on the not-so-expensive end is Triangle. Both get rave reviews from those in the business of doing so. And both are known for their excellent tweeters. Inverted dome for Focal and quasi-horn-loaded for Triangle. Can't go wrong with either.
 
Back
Top Bottom