• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MC 2195 Blue Jeans Speaker Cable Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanG

Member
MC 2105 Blue Jeans Speaker Cable Question

Hello,

I have an MC 2105 and I am thinking of checking out Blue Jeans speaker cable. Would the 12 GA version fit in the barrier strip or is there a better way to terminate these? I have Magnepan speakers so bare wire on that end would be no problem. Thanks for any input or suggestions.

Alan
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Check out the thread "McIntosh speaker terminations"....there are plenty of ideas on that one.
I have used the Blue Jeans with an MC250 and MC30s using "spade lugs" with the speaker wire crimped in the sleeve of the lugs that will fit your Mc. I also solder the wire after the crimping. Good, solid termination and contact.
 
How funny is it that it all the phoney baloney pseudoscience whoopdeedo speaker cable ends up being crimped and soldered?
 
0luke1 said:
How funny is it that it all the phoney baloney pseudoscience whoopdeedo speaker cable ends up being crimped and soldered?
Yep but the bluejeans cable is just Belden 12 ga. speaker cable that can be bought anywhere.
 
0luke1 said:
How funny is it that it all the phoney baloney pseudoscience whoopdeedo speaker cable ends up being crimped and soldered?

I think you may be too quick to criticize.... the BlueJeans cable products are anything but overhyped.... just plain, well constructed cable using quality materials and workmanship.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom