• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MC-2505 SM Find

Celadon

You can’t Change Spots… On an Ocelot
Subscriber
So-- for many years I have owned a Mc2505-2, bought by me circa 2005-6 ish. I found that the serial number had been wiped clean for whatever reason.
All throughout the years I have tried to find the proper serial number era/version so that I could obtain the correct Service Manual.
(I will admit I have an "Original Service Manual" addiction thing). Throughout the years I have collected quite a few Mc2505-2 versions, but none have been correct.

Today I just bought, what says A complete set of Mc2505 Service manuals!
We shall see what that really entails -- but the pic does show some I do not have, and looks like some additional Mc ephemera as well....
Lets see how my luck turns out.

Happy listening, you can turn it up, a bit.....

Celadon
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi @Refugee :)
Let's see how this turns out ....
But my uploading them would maybe be more than my talents etc can accomplish right now, actually more than likely they would all need to be scanned by hand I guess ?
 
Hello

I just wanted to remind you that there is 15 different MC2505 service manuals
We shall see what I receive...
Somehow I don't think it's as "Complete" of a list as suggested - time will tell.
I knew there were a LOT of different ones, but never knew that many.
Appreciate the reply.
 
Wow Patrice!
Thank you so very much for your contribution -- and corresponding MC part numbers!

Let's see what numbers match -- if any, when they arrive.

I was/have been using from the front manualpage serials ie: 36000K and above ... <--correct me if my # of zeros are not right; long day...
(everyone has That one BTW).

I think this was just a sales tactic, but.. time tells the truth, above all.

My absolute best ---

Btw, mine is a MC2505-2, does that narrow your numbers down any ?
Seems an elusive hunt --
I DO have some further things to work on -- but made most of it happen with the AWESOME help from those here, and our gracious and most knowledgeable Forum Moderator! :)
Couple of us here, were working on the same kind of project -- and we were rolling right along.

Continued success.

Celadon
 
OK, so my "Complete MC2505 Service Manual Collection" showed up ....

And -- it's 5 SM's .... although sequential, and more than likely will fill in some of my gaps....
I got what I paid for, although -- Complete ? ehh NOT....

I will sort them out as I get time....

Working on 2 Keithley DMM's and just got them back together -- one still seems to have issues.. another topic for the Test Equip sub forum...
Awesome guys (way above my level) hangin' out over there!
BUT my cheapie Thermal imager has been way helpful.....

For the price I paid -- I KNEW I wouldn't get a miracle, but comparing board numbers in the SM's, I don't have will help me narrow it down.


Now for some listening...

Maybe some Blues -- Wonder what @Refugee would think :)


Best to all ---

Celadon
 
Back
Top Bottom