• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MC 275 on Audiogon

Colorado

New Member
Hi , I am interested in the MC 275 amplifier and have recently seen an ad on Audiogon for one. The amp on Audiogon is the current model , new and unused for 2700.00. I believe the retail price on the MC 275 is about 3700.00 so this sounds like a good price on a nice amplifier. Any opinions on this ?
My system includes a MC 2125, C 32, Linn Keilidh Speakers, Rotel RCD 971, and a Thorens TD 160. Will the MC 275 work well with the C 32 and the rest of the system ?
Thanks for any advice. I enjoy the forum.
Colorado :scratch2:
 
Register to hide this ad
The new MC275 is a great amp and will work well with your system. If I were you I would check out your local McIntosh dealer he may work with you on this. And if you buy the amp from Audiogon you will not get a warranty. Check out the McIntosh web site they say the waranty is only valid if purchased from a dealer not valid on web purchases. Your local dealer may also have one in stock you can demo.

Support your local dealer and he will be a help to you. Over the last two years my dealer has been a BIG help in my system building.

Victor
 
Victor speaks the truth! I have had amazingly wonderful time with a quality local dealer, and then also terrible interactions with a non-local dealer.
 
Victor and Mike, Thanks for your feedback. I'll explore the local dealer possibilities. A new MC 275 might be out of my price range. Thanks again.
Colorado
 
I used to use my MC275 with a C29 which was made at the same time as the C32. It mated pretty ell with the MC275. If you really want an MC275 it would make a decent system but if you want the best sound I wouldn't get an MC275 vintage or new. For a lot less money there are many used solid state Mac amps that actually sound better. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if you prefer your MC2125.
Mike
 
Mike,
Great point.

Colorado,
Also adding to Mikes point if your MC2125 has never been serviced a good check up and some upgrades to the caps may be your most cost effective way to improve your current setup. Don't forget your MC2125 is 24-29 years old.

Victor
 
Hi, Thanks for your input everyone. The MC 2125 and C 32 have been fully serviced at McIntosh last September and are in excellent shape. Both units meet factory specs and sound / look great ! I just think I might enjoy a cool McIntosh Tube Amplifier.
Say, Oluke1 do you think you can purchase a new w/ warranty MC 275 for 2500.00 ? That does'nt seem like it would leave much mark -up for the retailer.
Thanks again everyone and have a nice weekend.
Colorado
 
I was able to (this summer), but it may have been a slow month. Their first offer was $2,700.
 
Back
Top Bottom