• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

MC-40 Logo Plate

arcsound

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
MC-40 benchtop.JPG My industrial MC-40 {"gray-back TXRs"} were not sold with the "McIntosh" logo plate along the side, but they do have 3 holes where the plate should reside. Can anyone confirm (probably the same on MC-30, MC-75, etc.) that this is where/how the logo plate attaches? Also, Is anyone selling reproductions or NOS logo plates? Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Korean seller on E-Bay has repro logo plates (and cages....) for the MC-40, which answered both my questions, their mounting posts look like they align with the holes in my sheet metal. That is is good news. The not so good is the price; $90 each, plus $$$ shipping from Korea. I think I'll try BarterTown first.
 
I see that the Korean seller is supplying repro'd logo plates, tube cages, chromed tops and bottoms, very cool that someone is filling the need. If my units were "lookers", I wouldn't hesitate, but in this case a set of used logos would be more appropriate, and hopefully easier on my wallet.
 
I bought his MC75 chassis, and they’re better quality than the originals. If being better than original McIntosh bothers you (like a concourse automobile for example where original will score higher than better than) you will need to source used.

Have you contacted McIntosh Parts or Audio Classics to see if original is available?
 
Funny, I didn't even think of contacting either, figured that they would be long out of stock. Always worth trying, though, should have.
What I did was order new logo plates from the E-bay seller, in Korea. A bit pricey (these plates cost as much as a MC-40 in 1965..), but expecting good quality.
 
The Graybacks have come in from the cold, and are now part of the McIntosh "hi-fi" family...;-)
.IMG_3300.JPG
 
Back
Top Bottom