• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MC-50 for center channel with no preamp?

Johncan

Record collector
I may purchase a MC-50 mono amp to use in a very basic home theater (L + C + R + sub). I assume because the MC-50 has a gain control knob that I don't need an additional preamp (I might want one later) to control the volume from the DVD player. Is my assumption correct?

John
 
Register to hide this ad
Most preamps that have a derived center channel (MX110) use the main volume to conrol this output. The MC50 will work fine as a center channel amplifier and you will be able to use it's gain conrol as a volume control if needed.
 
That should work just fine. The only problem with that setup is matching the volume.

MC50s are great by the way. I have taken home MC50s from the local stereo shop for a home demo and I was impressed with them. :yes: They have a beautiful sound with more detail than you would expect from an amp that is 30 years old.

Victor
 
I just picked up the amp today. It needs a little cleaning but looks to be in very nice shape. I will hook it up tonight and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

John
 
Back
Top Bottom