• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MC 60's in the house!!

Thundermud

Active Member
Drove through a blizzard, multiple mountain passes and unspeakable hours to trade my MC252 with Paul's MC60's. No joke, a serious life threatening journey was had....but screw all that, knowing what I now know I would have driven to hell and back for these. Just insane sounding in every way.... true head spinning imaging. My Bozaks are very happy. Much more authority and presence compared to my 2105. I am a very happy dude right now! Anyone have MC60's...if so please share your love for them.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Pic

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 788
You seriously got the disease when you put your life in danger to get an audio component. Hell - who am I to talk?! I probably would have done the same!

I've never owned a pair of MC60's but I can wish...
Curious: did you have the MC252 running your Bozak's, and if so, how did it compare to the 60's?
 
Word....I'll never forget our Allegheny mountain tunnel transaction! The conditions were so bad I pulled over just after the Allegheny tunnel at an emergency vehicle stop, waited for Alex to come back that way, switched out the amps in the blizzard and crossed the median of the highway where the snow ploughs go to head back to Columbus. We all made it back safely and more importantly so did our amps!!
 
You drove from Jersey to our State. Holy shnike's. Can't look at this thread anyway. Not that I am jealous or anything.
 
Thanks! Tubes: NOS quad of tung sol 6550 solid gray plate power and nos RCA rectifiers and quad of nos telefunken 12ax7's.....indescribable bliss, this current setup easily tops anything I have had.
 
So it looks like am now alone in carrying the MC-60 banner in Columbus?

They are the best sounding amps I have ever heard in my home. They are due for a rebuild. Everything is still original in my MC-60 amps and complimentary C-11 preamp.

They are classics.
 
I love mine!:thmbsp:

For tube rolling fun, consider some KT88's for the outputs (mine came with the original Genelex's). Also, many of us prefer 12BH7's in the 12AU7 position.

Did you say you were running all 12AX7's? I don't think I'd do that...
 
I love mine!:thmbsp:

For tube rolling fun, consider some KT88's for the outputs (mine came with the original Genelex's). Also, many of us prefer 12BH7's in the 12AU7 position.

Did you say you were running all 12AX7's? I don't think I'd do that...

Why not?
 
That's what's installed, nos Ei pre-war 12ax7s made on telefunken machines, Westinghouse 12bh7's and Raytheon 12au7's and a quad of nos tung sol 6550 solid gray plates!! All of the tubes except for the 6550s came from mr. Bryce youngman!

Left to right it's supposed to be 12AX7, 12AU7, 12 BH7, 12AX7.

The 12AX7's have MUCH more gain than the 12AU7's or the 12BH7's. there are other differences as well. You are making some not insignificant changes to the amps.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=290460
 
That's what's installed, nos Ei pre-war 12ax7s made on telefunken machines, Westinghouse 12bh7's and Raytheon 12au7's and a quad of nos tung sol 6550 solid gray plates!! All of the tubes except for the 6550s came from mr. Bryce youngman!

The OP said he had a quad of 12AX7's installed.
 
Back
Top Bottom