• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MC2205 Part cross-reference

gcalvas

Member
All schematics show McIntosh part numbers. Is there anyone that has cross reference information for MAC parts. For instance, what type of bulb is required for the MC2205 front panel lights. The AMP that I just bought has #1866 installed (ie, 6V lamps). The front panel is dim and therefore am wondering if these are the wrong lamps.
 
Register to hide this ad
I found out from the schematic that the front panel uses the 6V #1866 bulbs. The problem is that you can hardly see the lettering on the front panel. Is this due to the incorrect color film that is used behind the glass? What kind of material should be used and how should it be applied?
 
Try to PM dewikt about your issue he is the resident Mac tech.:yes:
 
Is the light diffuser in place behind the panel, should be no color film between the diffuser and the glass.
 
Is the light diffuser in place behind the panel, should be no color film between the diffuser and the glass.
Terry,

There is nothing directly behind the panel. The bulbs have a heavy cylindrical cardboard type material around each of them, but that is all. Are they supposed to go into something? I just bought the amp a week ago and I did notice that the panel lights were dim. I thought it might have been the replacement of the lamps that were required. When I replaced the lamps, it did not solve the problem. Thanks for any help you can offer.
 
Back
Top Bottom