• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MC402 versus MC501

Turbo Ron

Active Member
For all of you, who have a MC402, this is an excellent amp. I have a pair of already broken in MC501's in my system as of last Friday, while I await my MC601's which should arrive before the end of the month. The 501's in my opinion are not a night and day difference, as alot of you have described. I only could imagine if your speakers are hard to drive, and you listen at higher levels, there will be some differences. The 501 bass response seems to be a little tighter.
Basically, I am saying to all you MC402 owners, don't sweat not owning the MC501's, especially if you do not have the rack space for Monoblocks.

My equipment list
MX150, MC501's, MC303, MCD500, Martin Logan CLX front L/R, Stage center, Motif surround
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I have recently upgraded from a MC252 to a pair of MC501, I found while the MC252 sounded nice, the pair of 501's brought some depth to the soundstage, a bit more details and definitely tighter in bass. I do have some non-efficient speakers Totem Mani-II, so I may benefit the 501's more.

Performance of the MC402 maybe closer to the MC501's than with MC252.
 
Back
Top Bottom