erniejade
Active Member
I have a Sunfire Signature II 625x2 that has been redone by Rolland. It sounds great but, I get the upgrade bug every once in a while and swap gear out quite a bit. How would a MC7270 sound vs the Sunfire Sig II?
In the past I had a MC2505, and a 2105. The Sunfire actually replaced the 2105 when I had carver amazing speakers ( those speakers are still missed!) I have had a sunfire 300x2 in the past also and the sig IIis a different sound vs the reg sunfire.
The sunfire sig II vs the 2105 using an Audio Research sp16, W4S dac2, Cayin Sacd, DH labs air matrix RCA's and DH Labs q10 speaker cables. Speakers used Vandersteen 2ce sig & Legacy Focus. To make this test even since there is a huge power difference between the amplifiers, I kept it at 100 db or under.
The Sunfire sig II was just as warm as the 2105 but, the bass was better controlled and a bit more punch to it. Mids and highs were cleaner, crisper also. Sound stage was also a bit wider on the sunfire.
Now some of you might think its not a fair fight on the 2105 vs sunfire because of the big power difference but, I have heard a few 30-50 watt tube amps take on my sunfire and sound darn close if not better at a normal volume so, to me at a normal volume, its all fair for the sound quality.
The system the mc7270 would be run on would be what was mentioned above outside of the vandies. I sold them off about 2 years ago and just run the Legacy Focus.
Any thoughts? There is one local to me that I was thinking of picking up. Or should i just old off for a 352? My gut is telling me I might like the sunfire sig II that i currently have vs the 7270 but, I might like the 352 vs the sig. Without hearing them side by side, its kind of hard knowing.
Thanks for any of the opinions.
In the past I had a MC2505, and a 2105. The Sunfire actually replaced the 2105 when I had carver amazing speakers ( those speakers are still missed!) I have had a sunfire 300x2 in the past also and the sig IIis a different sound vs the reg sunfire.
The sunfire sig II vs the 2105 using an Audio Research sp16, W4S dac2, Cayin Sacd, DH labs air matrix RCA's and DH Labs q10 speaker cables. Speakers used Vandersteen 2ce sig & Legacy Focus. To make this test even since there is a huge power difference between the amplifiers, I kept it at 100 db or under.
The Sunfire sig II was just as warm as the 2105 but, the bass was better controlled and a bit more punch to it. Mids and highs were cleaner, crisper also. Sound stage was also a bit wider on the sunfire.
Now some of you might think its not a fair fight on the 2105 vs sunfire because of the big power difference but, I have heard a few 30-50 watt tube amps take on my sunfire and sound darn close if not better at a normal volume so, to me at a normal volume, its all fair for the sound quality.
The system the mc7270 would be run on would be what was mentioned above outside of the vandies. I sold them off about 2 years ago and just run the Legacy Focus.
Any thoughts? There is one local to me that I was thinking of picking up. Or should i just old off for a 352? My gut is telling me I might like the sunfire sig II that i currently have vs the 7270 but, I might like the 352 vs the sig. Without hearing them side by side, its kind of hard knowing.
Thanks for any of the opinions.