• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MCD-205 anybody else had skipping problems?

dunlap1

Active Member
I have been reading the horror stories everyone has been having with the 201! I had similar skipping problems when I purchased the 205 two years ago. I thought it was just me! The dealer would only send it to the factory where it got the firmware treatment. It has only rarely skipped since, but to be honest I use my old MCD-7000 more often. Did anyone else have or still having problems with the 205?
 
Register to hide this ad
The only issue I had, about 3 months into ownership, was a high-pitched whizzing sound as the disk spun. My first stop was my local Mc dealer/service center, who said nothing could be done, it was normal. :thumbsdn: I had them send it to the factory, and the factory diagnosed a misaligned platter and fixed it. Perfect since then, and that was three years ago, maybe more.
 
william.keith said:
I have owned my 205 since late 2002 and have had no problems. Very quite and never skips. :thmbsp:

Me too. When I had it back in early 2003 with my then C22-II+MC275 mono driving the JM Lab Mezzo Utopia's, no problem at all. Well made too.:thmbsp:
 
Thanks everyone, sounds like this model is a keeper! Looks like my next player will be the new 871, and what timing, this month is my birthday!
 
dunlap1 said:
Thanks everyone, sounds like this model is a keeper! Looks like my next player will be the new 871, and what timing, this month is my birthday!

Wah MVP871 for birthday gift!:thmbsp: U made me so envy ....... and jealous.:tears:
 
Jerry Seh said:
Wah MVP871 for birthday gift!:thmbsp: U made me so envy ....... and jealous.:tears:

It sounds good but remember...FIRST I have to find a dealer that has one, and SECOND, I have to pay for it!!! But from what i have read here this is the one for me. I can use the video and surround on my MHT 200 set-up AND run longer balanced cables to my C-46 for great stereo!! When you consider the double duty it makes the cost easier to swallow. Besides, I just can not get over all the problems everyone has had with their 201.
 
Has the MCD205 been discontinued because i don't see it on Mc site anyone. Also are they going to be replacing it with a new 5 disc changers?
 
Jeep23 said:
Has the MCD205 been discontinued because i don't see it on Mc site anyone. Also are they going to be replacing it with a new 5 disc changers?

Ron C mentioned in a post a few months ago that it was being discontinued at the end of the current production run and would not be replaced. As he said, it is now another McIntosh "classic".
 
chathamdad said:
Ron C mentioned in a post a few months ago that it was being discontinued at the end of the current production run and would not be replaced. As he said, it is now another McIntosh "classic".

Thanks for the reply. well i might have to go with a "classic" then if i want the changer. But The MS300 could be a way to go. Thanks again

Tim
 
Back
Top Bottom