• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MCD201-->MDA1000 couple of tech questions

forzaroma

Super Member
Banned
MDA1000 owners, I have a couple of questions for you.

1) First a survey question: Do you use the coax or the optical interconnect between your CDP and MDA1000?

2) Then a bit of a puzzle. I connected the "Switched Data Output" from the MDA to the MCD201 with the 1/8" cables (i.e. MDA Data Output 4 --> MCD Data In). I expected that the hard-wired remote cable connection from the MDA to the MCD would override the MCD infrared remote commands, but it does not appear to do so. When I press "Input and then 4" on the MDA remote control to switch to input 4 (i.e. the MCD input) it does 2 things:

A) It switches the MDA to input 4 - which is what I want.

B) It moves the MCD201 to track 4 - which I don't want. This means that the MCD is still "obeying" the infrared remote signal.

I read, and re-read the manual, and I believe I have everything correctly wired, I must be missing something trivial, so any help on 2) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alberto
 
Register to hide this ad
1) First a survey question: Do you use the coax or the optical interconnect between your CDP and MDA1000?
I had a very difficult time hearing any difference between the coax or the optical interconnects in my system. Either one will work well. In the end I found "glass" optical sounded the best to me, it sounded just a little bit "clearer" with the "glass" optical interconnect. I'm using the Audioquest Optilink 5 with great results.
 
Congrats !!

Hi Alberto,

Do not have answers to your questions but I just wanted to say Congratulations !!! I knew you would buy it !
Enjoy !!

Best Wishes
Jérôme
 
Just a stab in the dark -- You are using the 2 conductor 1/8th inch cables? I know I almost walked out of RS with the single conductor cables once.
 
Hi Alberto,

Do not have answers to your questions but I just wanted to say Congratulations !!! I knew you would buy it !
Enjoy !!

Best Wishes
Jérôme

Thanks Jerome - it was hard to resist. Lots of money but no buyer's remorse - quite the contrary actually - I am experiencing buyer's rejoice - what an amazing piece of equipment.

Alberto
 
Just a stab in the dark -- You are using the 2 conductor 1/8th inch cables? I know I almost walked out of RS with the single conductor cables once.

Thanks Tube, I'll double check, but I doubt it since I am reusing the cables that worked fine for my previous set-up.

Alberto
 
Back
Top Bottom