• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mcintosh Astrology

2uberoller

Super Member
Banned
Ok, I know I must be bored for making this post which is not one that will educate but maybe will bring a smile or two and that certainly has some value. I came across this article (http://www.soundstage.com/audiohell/audiohell200204.htm)
which I found amusing and thought we might be able to come up with our own Mcintosh Audio Astrology as I know we have some very creative people here :yes: First read this short article and see if the astrology for your birthday is accurate:
I'll start: here is what it says about me: Libra: September 24 to October 23. Always looking at things from every point of view, Libra is the confused audiophile. "Tubes have such a nice midrange, but what about the bass control of solid state? Those minimonitors sure do disappear, but the transparency of those electrostats sure is desirable. And what about those new digital formats?" I think there’s a little Libra in all of us. If the Libra is a tube lover, he probably is a rabid tube swapper.

Look at some of my past posts and you will see I was talking about changing my pre amp, then cdp and ultimately changed my speakers, I guess I am the confused audiophile.
Funny how my name here is 2uberoller as they mention " radid tube swapper"
I also own a pair of magnepan electrostat speakers for years that I can't seem to get rid of even though they sit in storage.
 
Register to hide this ad
A Mcintosh astrology for Libra: Sept 24-Oct. 23 might read:

Spending tons of effort, time and money are likely this week to improve the sound of your Mcintosh system, especially near the time of CES 2009. Entertaining guests and pouring effort in 'supporting' or routing for members is likely. A beautiful mint C22 may be a bargain too good to pass up and enhance family life so much that you feel the sacrifice is almost a necessity.
 
Have you considered putting them up for sale? :D

I asked a dealer recently what they would be worth in trade and he told me he would give me $400, hence they sit in storage. A good pair of computer speakers are $400. Maybe I should hook them up to my wifes computer and then ..... never mind.
 
A Mcintosh astrology for Libra: Sept 24-Oct. 23 might read:

Spending tons of effort, time and money are likely this week to improve the sound of your Mcintosh system, especially near the time of CES 2009. Entertaining guests and pouring effort in 'supporting' or routing for members is likely. A beautiful mint C22 may be a bargain too good to pass up and enhance family life so much that you feel the sacrifice is almost a necessity.

I am a Librian. That makes 2 of us ... at least I think I am really confused too! Just went thru all my postings, I sure am one! Sigh! :tears:
 
Rewind!!

First and foremost, the "Sun Sign", (the day/month of birth) has nothing to do with personality traits. It's more to do with a person's physicality and energy profile. So any attempts at correlating birthdates and audio behavior/preferences are doomed! :thumbsdn:

Personality traits (as predicted by Astrology :scratch2:) are basically derived from one's "Rising Sign", which is determined by hour of birth, and location. And quite easy to figure with ~90% accuracy, if you know your time of birth. That's why folks who like to read their Astological forecast in the newspaper should read the one for their Rising sign first, and only secondarily for the Sun sign. :thmbsp:

Disclaimer: I'm not an astrologer (I just play one on TV :D:D:D)
 
2uberoller.......Here is a guy who spent every dime he had on high end audio, and never found what he was searching for. It obviously can be a tough row to hoe if you are never satisfied. Is this your future?
 

Attachments

  • GiantTroll.jpg
    GiantTroll.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 22
2uberoller.......Here is a guy who spent every dime he had on high end audio, and never found what he was searching for. It obviously can be a tough row to hoe if you are never satisfied. Is this your future?

:lmao::lmao:

Sorry I don't know what came over me :smoke:
 
"Aquarius: January 20 to February 19. Bearer of water. Loves Purist water-filled cables. A wet-sounding, liquid midrange is a must. Avoids anything with a dry presentation, but doesn’t mind a little MOSFET mist. Wet cleans all his records and bathes his tweeters in ferrofluid."

Well the part about midrange is very true. :yes: True, I don't mind MOSFET mist. Haven't tried the Purist cables but maybe I should... :scratch2:
Funny, I was just watching how to "steam clean" your records on youtube last night. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6OjtKUZ048
 
2uberoller.......Here is a guy who spent every dime he had on high end audio, and never found what he was searching for. It obviously can be a tough row to hoe if you are never satisfied. Is this your future?
No (not my future) but please tell me where I can get one to put in my listening chair when I'm not occupying it :banana:
 
2uberoller,

Good post idea.

I am also a Libra, Oct21.

I am not a rabid tube roller, although I have rolled some recently, but I am a rabid Avatar Roller!
 
2uberoller.......Here is a guy who spent every dime he had on high end audio, and never found what he was searching for. It obviously can be a tough row to hoe if you are never satisfied. Is this your future?

I don't know Dan you tell me, I still have time to be saved :yes: as I am younger then you. What about you :scratch2:
 
Back
Top Bottom