• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

McIntosh C-32 Pop at Power Off

Hi all. I recently finished restoring a Macintosh C-32 pre-amplifier, including new electrolytic, capacitors and ribbon connectors. It is working beautifully and sounds great. The only issue I have is that I get a fairly load pop at power off. I hear the pop regardless of output, including the monitor speaker ouputs, and the volume of the pop changes when I turn the volume knob, but does not totally disappear on the lowest volume setting. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the most likely cause? I could probably live with this, but it is going to eat at me given how many hours I put in on this project.
 
Register to hide this ad
No experience but since it it effects all outputs -I'm assuming both channels- my guess is something in the power supply side. I know that is very vague and bordering on useless but that is where I would start.

I turn my amps off with music still playing. I lower the volume -if things were jumping-, hit the power switches -bi-amping-, and wait for silence. Then I power off my pre amp.
 
Back
Top Bottom