• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mcintosh C11 re-build

bluesman714

New Member
Hello All:

What capacitors and other components are recommended for re-building a C11 pre amp. PIO caps were recommended for certain positions when I asked about re-building my MC 30's. Also, are there any "usual suspects"...components that should be replaced because of age? The unit is in daily use and sounds good, but has a low level hum and slight hiss between CD music tracks.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Lee: Little Rock, Arkansas
 
Register to hide this ad
I can look, but I don't think so. I do remember at the time using Craig Otsby's (NOSValves) guidelines for the C22 restoration he did, thus the Russian PIO capacitors in most applications.
 
Thanks, I will check it out. I am also re-thinking the title to this thread and will post another with a clearer message. I do appreciate your response, and the work looks beautiful!
 
I just re-read your original post in the link you provided and realized that the story continued for 3 pages...AND that you answered several of my questions in the pages that followed. My tunnel vision never fails me!
Thanks Again!
 
Thanks... long story, but I sold that preamp a few years ago in a system re-org. Of everything that went, that's probably the only thing I'd buy back. The C11/C22 really is a special piece. Good luck with your restoration!
 
Back
Top Bottom