• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mcintosh C2300 wiring question

mvpjack

New Member
I've ordered my C2300 and just planning my wiring.

I have a RCA output from my home theatre receiver which I will run into the C2300 for bypass/passthru/processor mode and will be using XLR from the MCD500 to C2300.

The C2300 will run XLR to the AMP.

Do I need to run RCA as well from the C2300 to AMP? As the HT input is RCA, will the RCA output the signal via the XLR outputs?
 
Register to hide this ad
Good question.

Not that it's particularly relevant, but my Proceed Pre has a HT bypass loop and the indications on the back panel labels lead me to believe the bypass is only on the RCA in and out jacks.

However, I have not tried it that way with the XLR outs to say for sure.

EDIT: After further review of the manual, I'm still not positive, but I think it may work to use the XLR outputs. After all, the SSP input is like all the other unbalanced inputs that do route to the XLR outs, except that the controls of the preamp are bypassed and the signal is put through at unity gain.
 
Last edited:
I have a 2300 and I run all balanced, from the pre/pro to the 2300 for passtru and from the 2300 to the amps.:music:
 
You can mix unbalanced and balanced ins and outs on the C2300. No need to duplicate.

Thanks,
Ron-C
 
Back
Top Bottom