• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mcintosh MC-30, Can't find a schematic that matches this version

Cheapskate!

Murray

tongue.gif




Carl
 
I like to use the can in a rebuild, keeps original layout and basic looks under the chassis, years from now you will appreciate it if it needs maintenance and when opened up it is not kludged with extra parts going places unknown.
 
I like to use the can in a rebuild, keeps original layout and basic looks under the chassis, years from now you will appreciate it if it needs maintenance and when opened up it is not kludged with extra parts going places unknown.

Thanks for the insight. I had planned to keep it quite neat under the hood. It should be easy to see that the discrete caps are replacing the can. Frankly, I wish I had done this on my most precious Bell restoration. I used new cans and now I wish I hadn't because the original Bell cans were part of the aesthetic.

Thanks again for all your wonderful posts. They've been enormously helpful.

Les
 
It's a "tweener!"

After carefully comparing the typically available MC30 schematic (M152-D xformer), the earlier version that Terry posted (M152-B xformer), Mickey's comments, and the chassis I have (whew!), it seems mine falls in between the later and earlier versions. Specifically, the chassis I have matches more closely the schematic Terry posted, but it does have a convenience outlet. In addition, some of the cap values match the later schematic. Just makes it all the more fun!
 
Back
Top Bottom