Hammie
Active Member
Hello,
I'm in the market for new speaker cables and am trying to get the terminations ordered correctly.
My current monoblock amp has two red terminals and two black terminals so I was thinking of running a true 4x4 wire between my amp and speakers. With that said, I has planning on ordering the cables with ALL spades.
Here lies my dilemma, I want to start moving into McIntosh amps within the year. I have considered MC501's across the front and a MC402 for my surrounds. BTW, I have seen a used MC402 for sale and am considering getting that for my fronts and get my feet wet into McIntosh. :thmbsp:
My BIG question is whether both spades will fit on the terminal in a stacked configuration on either the MC501 or MC402. Is anyone running bi-wires between their amps and speakers? If so, how are you doing it?
I'm in the market for new speaker cables and am trying to get the terminations ordered correctly.
My current monoblock amp has two red terminals and two black terminals so I was thinking of running a true 4x4 wire between my amp and speakers. With that said, I has planning on ordering the cables with ALL spades.
Here lies my dilemma, I want to start moving into McIntosh amps within the year. I have considered MC501's across the front and a MC402 for my surrounds. BTW, I have seen a used MC402 for sale and am considering getting that for my fronts and get my feet wet into McIntosh. :thmbsp:
My BIG question is whether both spades will fit on the terminal in a stacked configuration on either the MC501 or MC402. Is anyone running bi-wires between their amps and speakers? If so, how are you doing it?