• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MCS Component Stack w/Rack, Columbia MO

Register to hide this ad
Oh man - I'd love this set for a back-up. A little too far, though, for me. I have the better amp and tuner, and am listening to that same cassette deck as I type......nice stuff.

I hope someone gets it. You never run across the entire set up - including the rack. I wish my sister still lived in Columbia, MO.

Rob

edit: I have all the specs on each piece if anyone needs it - PM me
 
Last edited:
If I wasn't on austerity measures I'd probably make an offer on it myself. Nice MCS pic in your sig.
 
Thanks - I think many of us are on austerity measures, unfortunately. Otherwise I might just pay my sister to drive down from Des Moines and get it.

I can't believe the whole set up is intact - with manuals even! I would have expected the speakers to disintegrate after 30 years. The rest of the gear will easily last another 30. This was the middle of the line system, and had the best looking rack of the three. The other two were horizontal, and took up too much space, IMO.

I'd also love to compare the insides of the amp and the tuner to mine - just to see the differences. The tuner may be the best piece of all, with the speakers being the weak link- 10" 3-ways that were barely able to keep up with the 45 wpc amp.

Even if the seller broke up the set and put it on ebay, it may not get $150. I know it's worth it, but a lot of people may not want something in their living room from JCPenney. Too bad. The person who buys it will be VERY happy with it.

Rob
 
Here's a very bad scan of the whole system he's selling from my catalog, since his flash pics aren't the best.

Rob
 

Attachments

  • img003.jpg
    img003.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 67
I had the speakers in that scan! Very nice speakers.

Cool - Sir.Byrd - did you ever poke around inside of them to see if you could find out who made them?

The ad text says the speakers were maybe Pioneer built. I know Technics made many of their later speakers, but the early ones leave me wondering...

Rob
 
Cool - Sir.Byrd - did you ever poke around inside of them to see if you could find out who made them?

The ad text says the speakers were maybe Pioneer built. I know Technics made many of their later speakers, but the early ones leave me wondering...

Rob

Couldn't figure it out.
The layout was similar to HPM 100s
 
I might be persuaded to ship it if someone wants it bad, but of course it's a number of boxes...There's always Pony Express.
 
Back
Top Bottom