• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MELOS Power Supply schematic needed

reed338

New Member
Hello,

I came across a MELOS MA-110 recently (practically free) that needed a lot of love. It was missing the faceplate and the remote PS had been unwired into a nest of unterminated wires.

The PS was pretty easy to clean up by adding a terminal strip. I also installed a current limiting resistor. Everything seems to be working and the preamp sounds amazing. BUT there was a fairly scary turn on/off transient. I was able to calm it down slightly with a cap across the main lines.....which has worked for me in the past on other tube gear. But with this amp the transient output is still pretty annoyingly loud. Anyone have ideas of what could cause this? Anyone have a schematic, or at least a picture of the inside of a non screwed with PS?

Thanks!!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4976.JPG
    IMG_4976.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4977.JPG
    IMG_4977.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4978.JPG
    IMG_4978.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4979.JPG
    IMG_4979.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4980.JPG
    IMG_4980.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4981.JPG
    IMG_4981.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 24
Register to hide this ad
Maybe consider adding a cap or a resistor+cap across the power switch to help with the spike it produces when breaking the power circuit.
 
Use an SSR ( solid-state relay) to make / break the power. It turns on in the zero crossing and turns off there too.
 
Helo,

I'am Martin from Indonesia.

I have melos MA 111 and the power supply is got burned. Could you please help me about the schematic of Melos MA 111 and what is the voltage of the power supply of Melos MA-111.

Thank you for your support.
 
Helo,

I'am Martin from Indonesia.

I have melos MA 111 and the power supply is got burned. Could you please help me about the schematic of Melos MA 111 and what is the voltage of the power supply of Melos MA-111.

Thank you for your support.
Did you ever resolve this?
 
Back
Top Bottom