• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MEN220 Stereo Sub Connection Question

fftfk

New Member
This might be a dumb question but for the life of me I can't figure it out. How do you hook up stereo (2x) subs to the MEN220? The 220 has balanced out 1 and 2 and unbalanced out 1 and 2. Both balanced and unbalanced 1 and 2 share the same feed.

I am currently running:
Pre balanced -> MEN220 -> Balanced to Power Amp
MEN220 -> Unbalanced Low Pass Mono to LFE In Subwoofer

I have bought an additional subwoofer but for the life of me can't figure out how to physically connect the system for stereo subwoofer. It seems like I am missing a 3rd output. Do I just run one line to left subwoofer and one to the right subwoofer? If am I reading the directions correctly that is just dual mono subs - not stereo subs. I could set it up for just low pass but then how do I run both left and right signal to each sub?
 
Register to hide this ad
Thinking more about this. Would I run one cable out of unbalanced out 2 R to one subwoofer and then a second cable out of unbalanced out 2 L to the other subwoofer? At the subwoofer connection I would use a Y splitter to connect L & R inputs.
 
Looks like the MEN220 has Left and Right outputs for the low channel (subwoofers) via RCA and XLR. Some subs require both the Left and Right inputs on them be connected. A single RCA cable from each channel of the MEN220 connected to a Y splitter on each cable and then connected to each sub should work.

IMG_0320.png
 
I don’t understand the need for the Y splitter. What are you trying to accomplish with it?
With the SVS subs, if you only use the right input it will put it into LFE mode and bypass the internal dsp. I would have one sub using the right input with no DSP and the other sub using the left input with DSP. I guess I could use the right input for both subs as the input would still be getting the correct signal sent from the MEN220.

The other potential reason I was considering it is that the MEN220 can control delay, crossover, and room perfect but can't correct phase. The DSP in the sub allows phase to to be changed.
 
Back
Top Bottom