• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mercury poisoning from rectifier tubes lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case would be history if we had " loser pays all legal fees for both sides" and the lawyers could not strike off the engineers and chemists as jurors like they do on this type of technical case. Been there.

Charlie
 
Dave, I realize my statement was a bit oversimplified, and will not argue the point. Thanks for the numbers. First time I've seen the air concentration in a room. I note that's "without venitilation", so it's hard to believe someone would be exposed to that level over a significant period. But it's still higher than I assumed.

So, that tube has 100 times what's in the average light bulb. Nice to know that too. I did a little lazy Googling myself earlier and did not find any numbers. I know the 83 in my Hickok has a very visible amount of mercury.
 
maybe the dumme Dirne will just die, and save everybody the trouble.....
hey I'm only saying what others have thought.

355901271.gif
 
I wonder if Americans have any idea how their insanely litigious society appears to those of us outside the US? Simply insane from my perspective. I also wonder why Americans appear to have a peculiar belief they're entitled to live in a totally risk free universe? I could go on with the vast implications of this form of thinking but I'd be getting into US foreign policy and we're not permitted to talk politics here. The whole thing really is a puzzle to us 'foreigners"
 
I wonder if Americans have any idea how their insanely litigious society appears to those of us outside the US? Simply insane from my perspective. I also wonder why Americans appear to have a peculiar belief they're entitled to live in a totally risk free universe? I could go on with the vast implications of this form of thinking but I'd be getting into US foreign policy and we're not permitted to talk politics here. The whole thing really is a puzzle to us 'foreigners"

It's a puzzle to most of us as well.
 
I wonder if Americans have any idea how their insanely litigious society appears to those of us outside the US? Simply insane from my perspective. I also wonder why Americans appear to have a peculiar belief they're entitled to live in a totally risk free universe? I could go on with the vast implications of this form of thinking but I'd be getting into US foreign policy and we're not permitted to talk politics here. The whole thing really is a puzzle to us 'foreigners"


:yes: Here also Pete, I remember some years ago, walking into a "hardware" store and glancing down at the lawnmowers on my way thru. I saw big stickers plastered on them (right on top of the mowing deck, above the blade) "Do not stick hands or feet under here..or something like that" Forgive my bad grammer all, but "Do Ya think?????????!!!!!!" Sad that some folk "need" to be informed of something so, well "Common Sense Like".
 
Folks, this thread has pretty much covered the topic of the lawsuit itself, and is now headed off into social policy, legal philosophy and moral values, which is a long way of saying "politics". I've actually found it impressive that the whole thing went this far without any kind of meltdown, so thanks to one and all for that.

If some new development occurs, another thread can be fired up to report it, but this thread's gone along far enough.

Closed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom