• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Merrylander, A true Gentleman

ehoove

Old & New - Carpe Diem
Staff member
Admin
Super Mod
Moderator
Subscriber
I dropped off a CR 2020 that a friend picked up off of ebay to Rob this morning, and the experieance was a geat one. Rob is a true gentleman and his wife was delightful as well. I apoligize that I did not get to say good bye to her, as she was so gracious upon my entry. They are a true asset to AK!

It was great to meet a fellow AK'er, and his passion for Yamaha gear was so evident as we talked. It was an inspiring visit for me and I'm sure that my friend's CR 2020 could not be in better hands!

Rob, Thanks for the concern for my brother Steve, he continues to improve,
Kindest Regards,
Jim
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
The 2020 is ready to go, a real interesting case. The 25 volt supply was out so I did the SB mods, still no 25 volts. Thinking a bad solder joint I pressed on the heatsink, 25 comes on and relay closed. It turned out to be heat stress on the six-pin jack that connects it to the power board and luckily I had ordered a few some time back. Put in a new jack, new lamps and aligned the FM section as 91.5 was coming in at 93.

Apparently pressing on the heatsink flexed the board enough to make contact.
 
Merrylander and I traded thoughts in another place on the www. and the discourse was always civil and respectful. I appreciate that. :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom