• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Merrylander

I just got a sweet CR-620 from Rob in a generous exchange deal involving a bad unit I got from eBay. Looks and sounds beautiful! It's even got a speaker relay! ;)

He even threw in a color reproduction of the user manual (which is absent from the Yamaha website). Thanks Rob!! :thmbsp:
 
That was a manual that I scanned before sending it off with a CR-620. Had I learned what I now know I would have put a black sheet behind the pages as I scanned them. Why Epson (and others) use a white sheet I don't know, it makes the backside of the page bleed through. It will be interesting to see what else that butcher did besides buggering up the protection relay. They should take away all his tools and his soldering iron, probably uses a Weller 250 watt pistol.

Rob
 
Rob does it again! Just got Sue, my AU-717, back from Rob. She was cleaned, lined up, tuned up, and recapped, and is singing to me right now. Not bad for 28 years young. :)
Service was second to none, with minimal turnaround. The packing was bulletproof, as well. Although I will take some credit for the overkill. :huge:
Thanks again!! :bigok:
 
I take no credit for the packing, Mike sent her here in a totally bullet-proof double box, all I did was send her home the same way. She should be good for another 28 years.

Rob
 
My turn to sing Rob's praises!I just got back my Yamaha A-1020 from him today,and its just wonderful.No more sonic issues,clean as a whistle inside,and fortuneately,packed to withstand the long journey,since it looked like the box was dropped a few times in transit,and the amp came out smelling like a rose.Quick turn around,and very,very reasonable cost for what is basically a like new amp now.I would recommend Rob every day of the week and twice on Sunday :thmbsp: :thmbsp:
Jimmy
 
For a pittance Rob brought my SX-1050 back into the world of 2-channel FM! Thanks so much for your work!!
 
I am another Merrylander fan. I got a CR-620 from him a couple weeks ago. I couldn't be happier. It works flawlessly. The veneer is gorgeous. And, I don't think that I need to mention his great packing.
 
Thank you all for the kind words. As for packing you have to realize that when I re-vitalize one of these units, especially when I re-veneer a case, there is some of me in that unit. Rather than see any come to harm I have been buying heavy duty boxes from U-line. I don't re-use what they came in because they are pretty ratty and so wind up in the trash.

Rob
 
Just got back from Rob's humble adobe. He tuned up my Pioneer SX-980, replaced my burned out bulbs and cleaned it up real nice for me. Hooked it up and listening to Asleep at The Wheel...Route 66 live. Sounds great. Left a SX-3500 for repair. Needs parts.
Hung out with Rob while he did his magic. A classy guy with great skills. Had a nice afternoon. Got to check out his Yamaha system hooked up to some nice Advents.Sweet!
His shop is full of equipment and tools. Combination woodshop and electronics depot. Like everyone else here, I want to express my gratitude to Merrylander! And he is very reasonable too! Thanks again Rob!
Jim
 
Thanks, Jim. I remembered after you left that Grumpy was parting out a 1280, with luck he may have the parts you are seeking.

Rob
 
As those of you that made it to the temporary site probably read I received a Carver receiver from Rob a couple of weeks ago that UPS had managed to throw/drop/run over at some point during the overnight transit. I sent the unit back last week and Rob was able to fix everything and ship it back to me on Monday. While UPS tried again to damage the unit (6 inch round hole missing from side of the shipping box and one end of the box smashed in so that I coulnd't even get to the tape to cut it open) the receiver is in perfect condition again and sounds, and looks wonderful on my desk. Thanks for the great service Rob.

Jeff
 
Some of us are lucky enough to live close enough to Rob to do our transactions in person, eliminating the shipping risk. I have two receivers from Rob, both going strong, especially the CR-1020 that adorns my family room. See you soon, Rob!
 
I received my first Yamaha today, a CR-800, extremely well packed and I can't believe this receiver is only rated a 45w per channel. The new rosewood veneer is amazing. It looks brand new and it is over 30 years old!

Thanks, Rob, for the excellent service and a sweet sounding, beautiful Yamaha!
 
Last edited:
You are welcome, thanks for letting me know it arrived safely, things had not been going well in the shipping department of late. The CR-800 has an IHF rating of 150 WPC if you want to compare them to new stuff. It and its sister, the CR-600 share a common tuner section that is very sensitive.

Rob
 
The Sansui 8080 I got from Rob ( thanks Rob! It sounds as good as it looks!!) also showed up with a huge hole in the side of the outer box it was shipped in, but thanks to Rob's expert packing, the receiver was safe and sound inside the double-walled box which was inside the outer box.
 
Thanks Rob!

Rob sent me some tubes & transformers at a great price, and packing was excellent! Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it! :banana:
 
Thanks Merrylander

I recently needed a pair of bedroom speakers with a high WAF factor. I happened to see a pair of Advents Rob had in the classifieds and made the fortunate decision to go for them. These things are like new and they sound absolutely wonderful. :music:
Thanks Rob.
 
Glad you like them, I think those Advents are quite underrated. As to appearance, my policy is simply - if I would not put them in one of my own systems, they don't leave here.

Rob
 
Back
Top Bottom